Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Toe to Toe With Life

Photo Courtesy http://www.photl.com



   I know it's been a while since my last post. I've had a lot going on over the last couple of months. Some of it good, some of it not so much. You have to take the good with the bad, I guess.
   
   What I've learned is that life is a lot like a boxing match. Life is the toughest opponent you will ever face. You're gonna get knocked onto the mat from time to time, there's no avoiding it. But you've got to get back up. Don't just lay there. 
   I know, I've been knocked down more times than I can count. Each time it takes me a little bit longer to get up than the last. Believe me, there are times when I just want to lay there and quit. But I know that each time I go down and get back up, I end up a little stronger. 
   Now I'm at that point where I can get back up, but I'm barely strong enough to fight back. I'm just taking the punches, waiting for the bell to ring. 
   And that's okay too, just don't stay down. Keep getting back up, even if you only get in a light punch or two. I know it looks like there's no way you can possibly win the match. The opponent is a lot bigger than you. It's stronger, faster, and tougher. 
   It's not going be easy, but that's when you need to rely on God's strength. Let each of His lessons teach you something. Every time you hit that mat, you get back up, and learn from that mistake. Otherwise those same punches are going to be thrown, and you will fall into them every time. You keep God in your corner and there's no way you can lose.


For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.
Deuteronomy 20:4













No comments:

Post a Comment